The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, November 11, 2005

Song of the Day - November 11, 2005


The Rakes are another great band out of England in the spirit of Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, and Art Brut. I just love these British bands. The Rakes have been hugely popular in England and Rhapsody recently posted their latest EP Retreat. There is something about British pop that I find hugely appealing. Their song "Dark Clouds" has echoes of Joy Division, especially in the lyrics, yet the overall feeling imparted by the song is one of relative happiness. I suppose it is a bittersweet combination. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter