The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Song of the Day - November 9, 2005


Normally, I like to keep my songs of the day relatively current. However, today is different and I thought a trip back in time would be appropriate for the unique and ground breaking music of Faust. One of the original founders of Krautrock, Faust has become a legendary band. The song "It's A Rainy Day, Sunshine Girl," is a classic from the early 70's and a song that is truly lodged in my cerebellum. The constant tom tom beat of the drums is hypnotic. When the beat is combined with the chanting of "It's a rainy day, sunshine girl," the effect is almost zen like. Synthesizer sounds swirl amongst the steady beats, combined with a wailing harmonica and an unconventional saxophone chorus to create a true masterpiece of minimalist rock. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter