The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Song of the Day - November 10, 2005


Pattern Is Movement excels in math rock style music. As a confirmed wine lover, I must admit that I am a sucker for a song called "It's The Wine." I was pleasantly surprised to find that the music was as intriguing as the title. The song is built upon repetitive rhythms and lyrics accented with occasional bursts of funky guitar in the style of Gang of Four and cello accompaniment. The combination may sound unconventional but the results work. As I have repeatedly listened to this song over the past few days, I have become infatuated with the repetition of the song. Though not necessarily a fugue, the song has a similar hypnotic effect that a Bach fugue may have. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter