The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Song of the Day - November 2, 2005


Back in January I featured The Gris Gris as my song of the day. Ever since then, I have been infatuated with their modern take on psychedelic music and have eagerly awaited the release of their new album For The Season. Just as yesterday's post regarding The Skygreen Leopards, I would have to say that this release is one of the best of the year. However, it probably will not appeal to everyone. In fact, it qualifies as an acquired taste. There are free jazz sax squeals and large amounts of dissonance, but the patient listener will be greatly rewarded. I just can't get enough of it. Outstanding tracks include the Rolling Stones influenced "Pick Up Your Raygun," the eerie "Skin Mass Cat," and the Syd Barrett sounding "Big Engine Nazi Kid Daydream." My favorite track and song of the day is the reverb laden "Cuerpos Haran Amor Extrano" with The Gris Gris' psychedelic take on a Gregorian chant. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter