The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Covalent Bond's Best "Indie Albums" of 2006

Yes, it is that time of year, the time of lists. I agonized over this list, and tried very hard not to pick the obvious choices. I struggled for a variety of sounds, styles, and moods. As last year, the list is in no particular order, just an eclectic collection of my top 10 albums of 2006.


Darker My Love - Darker My Love


Coach Fingers -No Flies On Frank


Awesome Snakes - Venom


Dan Sartain - Join Dan Sartain


The USA Is a Monster - Sunset at the End of the Industrial Age


Nightingales - Out of True


Wooden Wand and the Sky High Band - Second Attention


Sunset Rubdown - Shut Up I Am Dreaming

Frida Hyvonen - Until Death Comes


Shearwater - Palo Santo

1 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Nightingales will be starting a US tour at the end of February in Chicago. Out Of True is available domestically from darla.com and from many digital outlets (iTunes, eMusic, etc.). For more info, go to www.myspace.com/nightingalesmusic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter