The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Song of the Day - November 8, 2005


I like The Like. The Like are an LA based trio of young women who make great music in the style of The Pretenders, Blur, and The Kinks. Lead singer Z Berg has a beautiful voice and when you combine it with the vocal harmonies of Charlotte Froom and Tennessee Thomas the end result is just irresistible. One of the standout tracks on their debut album Are You Thinking What I Am Thinking? is "What I Say and What I Mean." The track starts with a catchy guitar riff and Z Berg's lovely vocals only to explode to a rockin' chorus with the added benefit of a little Siouxsie and the Banshees influence. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter