The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, December 09, 2005

Song of the Day - December 9, 2005


Laguardia specialize in swirling atmospheric sound. They have been derided for not being original and sounding too much like their influences, but I don't care. I like their music, especially the awesome "Butterfly." Definitely in the shoegazer vein, the track is a beautiful tone poem of orchestral delights, with expertly combined layers of keyboard, vocals, and guitars. The menacing guitar and psychedelic keyboard touches at the end of the song are just icing on the cake. I find it hard to believe I have not heard this song before, since it was released in 2003. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter