The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Song of the Day - November 29, 2005


I was drawn to the Hex song "Santeria Queen" by the funky guitars. The guitar work remained me of Adrian Belew and Robert Fripp. I am sure you know that distinct guitar sound heard on David Bowie, Talking Heads, King Crimson, and others. As I am big fan of the previous bands, the attraction was obvious. Hex is a collaboration between musicians from NY and Paris, and one can hear influences from both cities in their work. Lead vocalist, 9, has definitely been influenced by the likes of Grace Jones, as their music is a mix of club oriented dance music and artistic funk. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter