The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Song of the Day - December 6, 2005


The Frausdots channel The Cure, Echo and the Bunnymen, and New Order in their songs, which are very appealing to me given the 80's influences. Their track "Dead Wrong" even has 70's influences in that they quote the lyrics from America's "Horse with No Name." The influence is only in the lyrics as this track particularly reminds me of New Order with its use of synthesizers and the structure of the song which alternates between relatively soft passages and much louder, more fully instrumented passages. I almost feel as if I am going back in time when I close my eyes and listen to this tune, which is definitely one of the best on their album Couture, Couture, Couture. Click here to be transported.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter