The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, December 05, 2005

Song of the Day - December 5, 2005


The Earlies' album, These Were The Earlies, is definitely worth a listen. This conglomeration of Texas and English musicians craft beautiful music that is in the vein of The Beatles, Beach Boys, Mercury Rev, and Pink Floyd. I know that covers many styles, but when you listen to the album, I believe you will get a sense of what I mean with their use of harmony, expansive sound, psychedelic influences, and the overall flow of their album. My song of the day is "Wayward Song." This track reminds me of Sgt. Pepper era Beatles and the Beach Boys with its gentle harmonies. I love the use of strings and clarinet, juxtaposed to the more psychedelic leanings of the song. Click here to listen. Other outstanding tracks include the somber "One Of Us Is Dead" with its excellent use of horns and "The Devil's Country" with its multiple transitions of moods and wicked sax solo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter