The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Song of the Day - December 13, 2005


I guess I must be fascinated with international influences in music with my visit to China yesterday. I am off to visit Sweeden and Jose Gonzalez who's parents are from Argentina. Now, that is a quite an unusual combination. Jose Gonzales creates music in a quiet acoustic guitar framework reminiscent of Nick Drake, Paul Simon, Jose Feliciano, and Elliot Smith. His album Veneer is a collection of beautiful, subdued, acoustic gems. My favorite track is "Slow Moves" a quiet, brooding piece that reminds me of Paul Simon, with his understated vocals and languid guitar work. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter