The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Songs for Dinner on a Stormy Night

The weather was stormy last night and I thought a little jazz would be nice for dinner. I had prepared a hearty dish from southwest France that consisted of carmelized morsels of pork shoulder, a deep reduction of wine, Dijon mustard, and red wine vinegar; this was braised ever so slowly in stock, to which I added carrots, glazed and carmelized whole tiny onions, rosemary, thyme, and prunes. The dish was served over the richest mash potatoes ever; the potatoes were made with massive amounts of butter, whipping cream, no wimpy milk for me, sea salt, and a touch of freshly grated nutmeg. To wash it all down I had a glorious 1997 Cote-Rotie from Michel Ogier. Click here to enjoy.

1. Mademoiselle Mabry - Miles Davis
2. Do You Hear The Voices You Left Behind? - John McLaughlin
3. Metropolis - Wallace Roney
4. Zaftig - Drew Gress
5. Koto Song - Dave Brubeck
6. Forest Flower Sunrise - Charles Lloyd
7. Patterns - Ahmad Jamal
8. Sham Time (LP Version) - Eddie Harris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter