The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Song of the Day - November 24, 2005


Ok, it is time for my non-traditional song of the day for Thanksgiving. And the winner is.... "Sapphire Eyes" by Serena Maneesh. Serena Maneesh is a Norwegian band, but maybe that is appropriate on Thanksgiving, as we are supposed to welcome strangers to our shores. Serena Maneesh could easily be labeled noise rock, but whatever you call them, I find their music very appealing. I guess I should not be surprised, because when I looked at their website, I found that Steve Albini had a hand in making the record. The music is a strange mix of influences from Hendrix, Kinski, and Jesus and Mary Chain. "Sapphire Eyes" will be an excellent song to listen to after one has gorged themselves on turkey and trimmings, and is drifting into a comatose state. The psychedelic leanings of their music will contribute to some excellent dreams without the danger of flashbacks. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter