The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Song of the Day - November 17, 2005


Well I just couldn't stay out of England. I am back in merry old England listening to Songs of Green Pheasant, which is the one man band of Duncan Sumpner from Sheffield. Duncan's sound is straight out of the 60's with heavy folk and psychedelic influences. The album is old, but not that old; it actually was recorded in 2002 and just recently released. I think Songs of Green Pheasant may best be described as a cross between Syd Barrett and Simon and Garfunkel. One of my favorite tracks is "From Here to Someone Else," a piece of tranquil beauty, acoustic melodies, drone guitars, and soft vocals. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter