The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, November 21, 2005

Song of the Day - November 21, 2005


The Sharp Things create lushly orchestrated pop gems with strong 70's influences. In a way they remind me of The Decemberists crossed with Gordon Lightfoot, with the dominant genes coming from Gordon Lightfoot. The first song on their debut album Foxes and Hounds is my favorite. "There Will Be Violins" does indeed have violins, guitars, drums, possibly a cello, and an Irish sounding infectious melody. The violins really do work here and I must credit The Sharp Things with going against the current musical fashions to create their own style. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter