The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Song of the Day - November 22, 2005


I never thought I would look forward to The Long Winters, but I was wrong. The opening track of their latest release Ultimatum is a gorgeous song full of layers of orchestration. "The Commander Thinks Aloud" starts out with some beautiful keyboards, followed by John Rodericks unique vocals, which have a certain something that I can't put my finger on, and a slow stately almost march-like effect from the drums. In the background one can hear various sounds like bird calls, violins, and synthesizer effects, such that one will be vastly rewarded by donning a pair of headphones. Click here for your reward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter