The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Song of the Day - June 8, 2005


Leslie Feist has lent her vocal talents to such bands, as Peaches, Kings of Convenience, and Broken Social Scene. Now, she has released her debut solo effort, entitled Let It Die. The album is in the jazz pop vein; some have compared Feist to Sade. However, I wouldn't say that she is that commercial. I particularly enjoyed the track, "Leisure Suite." The track is so laid back and mellow, I am beginning to wonder what is happening to me, yet I just can't seem to stop listening to it. There are beautiful, mellow horns, which introduce the song, finger snapping, and Leslie's beautiful vocals. I think it is the horn arrangements that has me coming back for more, or maybe it is Leslie's vocals. Whatever it is, I think she deserves a wider audience. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter