The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, May 30, 2005

Song of the Day - May 30, 2005


From the land that brought us lutefisk, we have another great Swedish import, the Shout Out Louds. Their song "Hurry Up Let's Go" is perfect indie pop for the 21st century. It starts out with some frantic hand clapping, great jangly guitars, followed by some surprisingly non-Swedish sounding vocals, and an upbeat catchy rhythm. The bridge of the song is a simple repeating note from the keyboard, succeeded by an explosion of guitar and vocals. You don't have to like lutefisk to like the Shout Out Louds. Click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

I've really been liking this album a lot, as much as I didn't want to like a band that was introduced to me through The O.C.

"100 Degrees" is stuck in my head, and even though it's completely derivative of The Cure's "Just Like Heaven," it's so endearing that I cannot resist it's utter charms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter