The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Song of the Day - June 2, 2005


The Golden Republic is a four piece band out of Kansas City. Their track "You Almost Had It" is a wonderful piece of post modern indie rock. It reminds me somewhat of the Killers, though many reviewers have said Interpol. I should mention that the record was produced by Interpol's producer Peter Katis. The band has clearly been influenced by glam rockers, like Bowie. You just can't escape the retro sound these days. I would expect based on the strength of this song, that we will hear more from The Golden Republic. Now, when I think of Kansas City, I will think of more than barbecue. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter