The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Song of the Day - June 14, 2005


It is hard to describe the music of Lungs of a Giant. There music is definitely eclectic;at times it reminds me of something I might here in a David Lynch movie. David Lynch take note! There is a forlorn, melancholy feel to their songs. The track "Charon, Take Me Away" is one of my favorites. It starts out with the guitarist running his pick up and down the strings of his guitar, creating an eerie scratchy sound. There is the almost carnival like keyboards repeating a simple riff over and over, and of course the sad vocals. Yes, I know it sounds strange, but when you put it all together it works very well. Click here to listen.

2 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird, but in a good way.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger covalent bond said...

Yes, I have to agree with you. There are times when I just crave something different.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter