The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, June 13, 2005

Song of the Day - June 13, 2005


Last week, I got into some very mellow music, and I was getting worried about myself. I did end the week with a brilliant piece of lo-fi music, as performed by Eyeball Skeleton, to stop that possibly disturbing mellow trend. Now it appears I am focused on lo-fi and the Coach Whips epitomize the genre. This San Francisco based band unleashes walls of distorted guitar, and raw, emotional power. They obviously have been heavily influenced by Iggy and the Stooges. "Couldn't Find Love" is a great track, but beware it is very raw, lo-fi, and may not be what you are used to. If you are like me, a little lo-fi is needed now and then, to remind you what rock and roll is all about. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter