The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Song of the Day - September 26, 2006


The Acid Mothers Temple soul collective is led by guitarist Kawabata Makoto. The group has had various incarnations over the years including the Acid Mothers Temple and the Cosmic Inferno, which was known for their heavy punishing sound. However, they recently reformed the heavily psychedelic Acid Mothers Temple & the Melting Paraiso U.F.O. I love the band members descriptions, which include cosmic joker, dancin'king, wrecker & convoy, aesthetic perverted karman, erotic voice, astral easy virtue, and speed guru. Their album Have You Seen The Other Side OF The Sky? is a diametrically opposed mixture of heavy punishing noise rock and freaked-out psychedelica. I personally prefer the freaked-out psychedelica, though I admit I do not understand the lyrics. I especially like "Asimo's Naked Breakfast : Rice and Shrine," which has a dash of early Pink Floyd from their Ummagumma period crossed with Frank Zappa's "The Torture Never Stops." I believe it is Nao of the erotic voice and astral easy virtue that you hear on this track. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter