The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, September 15, 2006

Song of the Day - September 15, 2006


I really enjoyed listening to the latest album from Blood Meridian Kick Up the Dust. Taking their name from the stark but bloody novel of Cormac McCarthy set on the Tex-Mex border during the 19th century. Blood Meridian's music clearly resides in the Americana genre, greatly influenced by Neil Young. However, there is a strong dose of the Allman Brothers, particularly in the guitar work. The band boasts members that also play in the Black Mountain and Pink Mountaintops. I was wrestling with my song of the day choice between the angst ridden "Work Hard, For What?," a song in which I clearly enjoyed the lyrics, and "Let It Come Down," a slow, mournful, beautiful song that clearly shows the influence of the Allman Brothers. In the end, I selected "Let It Come Down" for its beautiful guitar accompaniment. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter