The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Song of the Day - September 21, 2006


Despite doctors' recommendations, one should not limit one's intake of Salt. In fact, I crave Salt and I believe you should consume all the Salt you want. Salt is the sophomore effort from Nashville's Forget Cassettes and it is an awesome album. Forget Cassettes are masters of the soft/loud dynamic, yet they add a complexity to it with nice guitar work, tempo changes, and great vocals, not just screaming. Beth Cameron's vocals are the star. She reminds me of a Kate Bush and Siouxsie Sioux. Great songs include "Venison," "The Catch," "Nicholas," and "My Maraschino," but my absolute favorite is "Quiero, Quieres." I believe this translates to "I want, you want," whatever the translation, this is one hell of a song, the song literally explodes with an initial drum roll and clash of guitar chords, while Cameron's vocals soar above the pummelling drums and attack of the guitars. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter