The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Song of the Day - September 19, 2006


Spencer Krug's is a man overflowing with musical ideas. He plays keyboards for Wolf Parade, but he is also a member of Frog Eyes and Sunset Rubdown. I suppose just one band is not enough for this Canadian genius. All three of his bands are great, but it is his band Sunset Rubdown that I would like to focus on today. The first full length album for Sunset Rubdown is Shut Up I Am Dreaming, and it has a space reserved on my list for best of 2006. I have been listening to this beautiful album for some time now, as it was released back in May, but I have been ruminating over which song to choose as song of the day, as basically every song is worthy of the title. The album reminds me of an amalgamation of David Bowie styles, a interesting mix from David Bowie era Hunky Dory and Station to Station. One of the most majestic songs on the record is the opening track "Stadiums and Shrines II." This is a brilliant song featuring an enchanting mix of guitars, keyboards, and Spencer Krug's vocals. It is a fitting intro to one of the best albums of the year. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter