The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Song of the Day - September 14, 2006


Deadboy & the Elephantmen have been incessantly compared to the White Stripes, as they both are a male female duo. In the case of Deadboy & the Elephantmen, the band consists of Dax Riggs (formerly of Acid Bath) on lead vocals and guitar and Tessie Brunet on drums and backing vocals. Though their release, We Are Night Sky, came out early this year, the length of time between its release and my comments are no reflection on the quality of the album. Highlights include the heavy "Misadventures of Dope," which reminds me of a simmering Local H and the acoustic blues of "Walking Stick." Song of the day honors go to the opening track "Stop I Am Already Dead," which has shades of Lou Reed in it, but I absolutely love the choruses with its "ooohs." Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter