The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, September 11, 2006

Song of the Day - September 11, 2006


Love Arcade is the work of 19 year old Christian, who played all the instruments on the record and even recorded it himself. Watch out Prince! Christian obviously has an immense talent and I am sure this will not be the first we will hear from him. His self-titled debut is full of pop heavy songs which show the influence of bands like Cheap Trick and Weezer. Check out the 70's sounding "Candy," the funky "Can't Stop," and the Weezer influenced "Sara." However, my favorite track is "Sweething," which reminds a little of T. Rex. I love the primitive trumpet accompaniment, which gives the song an edge I like very much. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter