The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I Stuck in My Thumb and Pulled Out a Plum


Lately I have had a fascination with plums. During my plum induced stupor, I concocted a number of treats based on plums including: an upside down plum cake, a plum tart, and plum sorbet. All very tasty, but the plum sorbet was extremely satisfying with its silken texture accented by tiny bits of skin, which served as the perfect balance to the sweetness of the plums. I also have a few plums, mostly newly harvested, below of the jazz variety. Click here to listen.

1. Calling - Kenny Garrett
2. Jack Baker - Branford Marsalis Quartet
3. Nights On Saturn - Ahmed Abdul-Malik
4. Bones, No meat - Chico Hamilton
5. Down The Tube - Medeski Scofield Martin & Wood
6. Refraction 2 - Jason Moran
7. The Arts of Tatum and Freddy Webster - Charles Mingus
8. Lucky Seven - Dave Holland Quintet
9. Ich, Bin, George, - Flat Earth Society
10. Yesterdays - David S. Ware
11. Puddin' Time - Sean Jones
12. The Birth of The Cool Suite - Boplicity/Postlude - Joe Lovano

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter