The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Song of the Day - August 9, 2005


I thought I would tone things down a little, with today's song of the day. The Espers specialize in psychedelic folk. If you are a fan of Fairport Convention and Pentangle, the Espers will probably be to your liking. There is a lilting decadence to their music. One gets the sense of eventual doom, death, and decay. I suppose it is existential folk. The song "Meadow" starts out beautifully with some nice acoustic guitar, but the accompaniment that really makes the song is the cello. I love the melancholy sounds of the cello and the feeling it imparts. The combined male and female vocals of Greg Weeks and Meg Baird float over the accompaniment with just the right amount of detachment to give the track a slightly eerie quality. Click here to listen.

tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter