The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Covalent Bond and Negative Creep's Excellent Adventure - Part II

Sunday was brutally hot at Lollapalooza, but we still had a great time. We started the day with the battle of the bands winner, Cathedral. I had never heard of them before, but they sounded pretty good. After finding some shade, under one of the few trees bordering the field where the four stages were, we rested while listening to The Ponys until about a half hour before Kasabian took the stage. We got about 10 feet from the stage and took in about half the show before the heat really started to get to us. Thank god for the city of Chicago, they brought relief in the form of cooling buses, which were parked near the exits to the field. We hung out there until we got our strength back, and then hurried over to Dinosaur Jr. Negative Creep really enjoyed the show. We caught a little bit of Louis XIV, which I liked even better. The show that I was waiting for was Tegan and Sara. We were lucky in that we were right up front, but off to the side quite a bit. Being a huge Tegan and Sara fan, I was very happy to finally get a chance to see them. Tegan and Sara were not immune to the heat, as Tegan or Sara, the Negative Creep tells me it was Sara, ran off stage in the middle of a song, suffering from the heat. A few minutes later, she returned, and finished the show, a real professional. Regardless, I really enjoyed their set. With that the Negative Creep and I decided that we couldn’t take the heat, and caught a train home. The heat was just too much, but I have no regrets. If we would have stayed, we had planned to catch Ben Kweller, Drive By Truckers, The Arcade Fire, Spoon, The Dandy Warhols, The Killers, and Death Cab for Cutie. This was an ambitious schedule, which I have attempted to replicate in Rhapsody. Click here to listen.

1. L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever) - Kasabian
2. Burn In Hell - The Ponys
3. The Wagon - Dinosaur Jr
4. God Killed The Queen - Louis XIV
5. I Know I Know I Know - Tegan and Sara
6. Tylenol - Ben Kweller
7. Box Of Spiders - Drive-By Truckers
8. Rebellion (Lies) - Arcade Fire
9. I Turn My Camera On - Spoon
10. I Am A Scientist - The Dandy Warhols
11. Andy, You're A Star - The Killers
12. Tiny Vessels - Death Cab For Cutie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter