The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Increased Rate of Random Neural Firings Found In Covalent Bond

As my brain spins out of control with random neural firings, I have constructed a playlist of musical tidbits that have no practical relationship to each other or theme. The music crosses many genres and may annoy some and amuse others. I hope you enjoy the selections. Click here to listen.

1. Surveillance House - Six Finger Satellite
2. Corner Stone (Aka A Trip To Mars) - The Skatalites
3. Torque Pound - Chrome
4. Something About The Music - Juan Atkins
5. Iowa City - Kenny Wheeler
6. Mo Beru Agba - King Sunny Ade
7. Talkin' John Birch Paranoid Blues - Bob Dylan
8. Walking Stick Man - Bardo Pond
9. Philosophy Of The World - The Shaggs
10. Jump Into the Mess - Half Japanese
11. Bonus Track: Ol' MacDonald - Frank Sinatra
12. Who Are The Brain Police? - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
13. If I Can't Be Drunk - Flipper
14. Zoo Music Girl - The Birthday Party
15. Can You Dig It - The Monkees
16. Pumpin' For Jill - Iggy Pop"

3 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Blogger J Shifty said...

You may be spinning out of control, but you're firing on all cylinders here. "May annoy some and amuse others" don't need to be mutually exclusive: I groaned AND cheered during this playlist. Certainly the most unexpected oddball list I've heard since your own "acquired tastes" bonanza.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger covalent bond said...

Hi J Shifty,

I am just curious, which songs made you cheer. I can guess about the groaning.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger J Shifty said...

Well, I'm from New England but have been largely ignorant of Six Finger Satellite AND the Shaggs. So those tracks were a big wake up call. The Birthday Party and Skatalites tracks also were a propos and opened up an afternoon of fine foot stompin'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter