The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Song of the Day - August 10, 2005


Normally when I hear the song "Pop Goes the Weasel," I immediately think of the ice cream man and his van being chased by the neighborhood kids. This urge to chase after the ice cream man, I theorize is etched into our genetic code. Is it possible that "Pop Goes the Weasel" is some sort of primordial music celebrating a feast? Well quite frankly I had enough! It is time for some genetic engineering. I nominate The Workhouse and their track "Ice Cream Van." It certainly is more appealing. Imagine the kids in your neighborhood chasing after the ice cream van playing music from The Workhouse. The song is for the most part an instrumental, that builds in intensity, with great walls of guitar sounds, and some minor spoken vocals at the end. If you are a fan of Mogwai or Low, especially in their treatment of the guitar, I believe you will take a liking to The Workhouse. Click here to listen.

tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter