The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, April 11, 2005

Song of the Day - April 11, 2005


Scout Niblett is another great singer from England. I stumbled upon her while searching through Rhapsody, and I just can't get enough. She sings in the style of PJ Harvey crossed with Nirvana. To top this off, her recordings have been produced by Steve Albini. As anyone knows who has been reading my blog, I am a big fan of Albini. I don't know whether it is Albini himself or the talent that is drawn to him, but he does make great records. This particular song, "No-one's Wrong," starts out with a slow simple drum beat followed by Scout's vocals, which build from barely uttered words to a raving scream, accompanied by some thrashed guitar chords. The whole song is definitely in the lo-fi style, but it works for Scout. Great stuff! Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter