The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Song of the Day - April 6, 2005


Here's another song that is a genre bender, "Nagging Nimbus," by Busdriver. It is classified as hip-hop on Rhapsody, but I wouldn't really call it that at all. Busdriver sounds like the rapid fire bebop vocal lines of Jon Hendricks crossed with Frank Zappa. In fact his vocals and sense of humor could easily be confused for Frank Zappa. Since I like very much both Jon Hendricks and Zappa, Busdriver was a natural for me. The song "Nagging Nimbus" borrows from Dave Brubeck's most famous piece "Take Five," but puts an original spin on it. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter