The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Song of the Day - May 2, 2006


Holy moly this is one rockin' record! This is like 110 proof whiskey, a distillate of pure rock, straight from the cask, undiluted raw power. The Beautiful Mothers Half American Serviceman deserves, no, demands to be listened to now. Their sound is huge, reminding me of Nirvana, Local H, and the frantic chaos of The Fall. There is a Nirvana connection in that Jack Endino, who worked with Nirvana, recorded the latest from The Beautiful Mothers. The album rocks from beginning to end. Favorite tracks include "Cornel West," "Smoke Rings," and "Heart Transplant." I am sure you will have your favorites too, but my absolute favorite track is "St Mary St." The track starts out with pounding drums before the rest of band kicks in with a thunderous sound. I love the chaotic angry vocals, great guitar licks, and the overdriven distorted sound. Click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been follwing the Beautiful Mothers for a long time, and I must say that this album is just another briliant piece of work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter