The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, April 21, 2006

Song of the Day - April 21, 2006


The Black Angels album Passover is a throwback to the Sixties and the anti-war movement that parallels our own current problems in Iraq. The music reminds me of a mixture of Velvet Underground and Neil Young with a very strong psychedelic sound. I must say that I have really enjoyed listening to this album, and it is a strong contender for top 10 of 2006. "Bloodhounds On My Trail" immediately appealed to me with its country blues sound, droning guitars, and Neil Young inspired vocals. The song borrows heavily from Canned Heat's "Let's Work Together," but that doesn't bother me in the least. You can't go wrong with any track on The Black Angels Passover. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter