The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Song of the Day - February 15, 2006


Boston's The Beatings have absorbed the teachings of their influences: Husker Du, Mission of Burma, and The Pixies while carrying the torch forward. We must respect the teachings of our elders. I know that doesn't sound very rock and roll, but when your elders are the aforementioned bands it is worth it. I especially liked the opening track "Feel Good Ending" from their EP If Not Now, Then When? The distorted layers of guitars and the rawness of the vocals quickly caught my attention and never let go. I really enjoyed the song and the whole EP. They will be playing live tomorrow on KEXP in Seattle tomorrow if you just can't get enough. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter