The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Song of the Day - February 14, 2006


I have featured Calla's music as the song of the day before and I must do it again. Their latest release from this NYC based band is Collisions. The opening track, "It Dawned on Me," immediately caught my attention with its reverb drenched guitars and march-like leitmotif which is repeated throughout the song. This recurring theme is interrupted by dark, melancholy vocals which further enhances the song's appeal. Calla has toured with Interpol and the Secret Machines and have been steadily gaining in notoriety. I imagine you will hear more from them in 2006. If you are in London today, you can catch Calla at Barfly. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter