The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Song of the Day - October 13, 2005


We had a taste of this next band last week on my 100 Proof Whiskey playlist. Well, I couldn't do with just one sip. I need more of the Ex-Girl. Unfortunately, they only have one album on Rhapsody, Back to the Mono Kero, but it is an excellent one. I must say that it is an acquired taste. The Ex-Girl are 3 Japanese girls that are an amalgamation of many musical styles and influences. There are definite riot grrrl, new wave, and noise pop influences here. Try to imagine a combination of the B-52's, Queen as geisha girls, and Sleater-Kinney. My song of the day is Sasuke. This is relatively mild compared to the craziness of "Waving Scientist @ Frog King." I like craziness by the way. They also do a quirky version of "Pop Musik." Other outstanding tracks include "Tozka" and "Solid States Kerock 'N' Roll." Click on the link to hear the entire album Back to the Mono Kero

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter