The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Song of the Day - October 11, 2005


I Am Kloot's track "No Direction Home" combines the best of late 60's influences with the current state of British pop. The track has a catchy guitar riff that vaguely reminds me of some other song that I can't remember, though I am thinking it possibly might be a Doors tune. This is probably due to the repetitive piano chords, echoed by the guitar. Besides the piano, there are some organ sounding style keyboards in the background, again that Doors influence, and a driving bass line. The whole combination is bloody good. Click here to listen

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Bond here. My husband never listened enough to one of my favorite bands of the late 70's and 80's, REO Speedwagon. The song that he thinks is a Doors' tune, is actually REO's "Riding the Storm Out," and he thinks he knows everything about music!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter