The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Song of the Day - Sept 29, 2005


I love the funky 80's influenced rhythms of The Joggers' "Wicked Light Sleeper." I was a sucker for that guitar sound twenty years ago and I still am. Echoes of The Gang of Four reverberate throughout The Joggers music much to my delight. I love the dissonant guitar chords. They are like hot sauce to bland food, they spice up the music, giving it that little extra something. If you are a fan of 80's retro music, you will definitely like The Joggers. Just a side note for those of you in Chicago, they will be at Schuba's on Nov. 17th. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter