The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, September 19, 2005

Song of the Day - Sept 19, 2005


Gruff Rhys, of Super Furry Animals fame, released a solo album earlier this year, Yr Atal Genhrflaeth. I know you probably are wondering what the title of the album means. It is Welsh for "the stuttering generation." In fact, the whole album is in Welsh. One of my favorite tracks is "Epynt." The track vaguely reminds me of the underground classic "Eisbar" by Grauzone. Does anybody remember that song? It probably has something to do with the fact that both songs were sung in foreign languages and featured repetitive lyrics and a simple but catchy melody. I love the organ work on "Epynt." I did a little research and according to Gruff, "Epynt is a mountain in Mid Wales. It’s also about the battle between the Euro (the E in Epynt) and the pound (pynt in Welsh). The conclusion is that it’s better to get rid of money altogether." Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter