The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Song of the Day - Sept 22, 2005


I just love Brazilian music and the sound of the Portuguese language. Ever since I was first exposed to the work of Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto; the tropical, sensual rhythms have seduced me. If you haven't heard Seu Jorge, you are in for a treat. The fact of the matter is, you may already have, as Seu Jorge did the Portuguese covers of the David Bowie songs from the movie The Life Aquatic. I especially enjoyed the opening track "Tive Razao," which supposedly means I am right. He is currently touring North America, unfortunately I just missed his appearance in Chicago. Click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Shawn Anderson said...

Perfect day for Seu...

He was also in the great movie City of God (as Knockout Ned,) which featured a Jorge song as well. Also love the covers of Serge Gainsbourg ("Chatterton") and Elvis ("Don't".)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter