The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Song of the Day - Sept 15, 2005


The Beautiful Mothers are a Seattle based band with Chicago connections. They have been compared to Jesus Lizard and The Wipers. The drum and bass intro to "Last of the World's Gentleman" is extremely addictive and will get your blood flowing. The guitars follow and then the vocals enter creating utter chaos, while the bass and drums pound out their menacing rhythms. If loud and rude is what you are looking for, look no further than The Beautiful Mothers. Click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I just noticed this. Thanks for mentioning our album -- glad you liked it. My name is Eric and I'm in the Beautiful Mothers. We've got a new CD called Half American Serviceman out and it sounds kick ass. It was recorded by Jack Endino (who recorded Nirvana and Mudhoney and shit). If you want, send me a note (ericbalaban@gmail.com) and I'll send you one. Hopefully you'll like it more!
Thanks again for the mention.
Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter