The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, July 25, 2005

Song of the Day - July 25, 2005


I hope you don't have a hangover, because this is going to hurt. Yes, it is a little rude to start a Monday morning this way, but sometimes you need a big jolt of musical caffeine to get you going. I have just the solution, The Mae Shi. In fact, I would compare them to a double espresso. Their songs are short, but they pack a potent punch. As much of my favorite music, they have been influenced by The Gang of Four, but I detect a strong Captain Beefheart influence. If you liked Frog Eyes last week, I think Mae Shi will be your cup of tea. Sorry, I meant cup of espresso. Check out their track "Power to the People." Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter