The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Is It Warm Enough For You?

I just got back from Arizona where it was 115 degrees, a dry heat as they say. Well, that is too hot for me. I just need some cool jazz so I can get some relief and relax. Now, not all the tracks fit into the cool jazz genre, but they are "cool" jazz tracks none the less. There is a wide variety in the mix from the Italian trumpeter Enrico Rava to the hard bop trombonist Curtis Fuller. I particularly enjoyed the track from flautist Bradley Leighton. Click here to listen.

1. Lover Man - Gene Bertoncini and Jack Wilkins
2. Mojave - Bradley Leighton
3. Blue Lights - Clifford Jordan/John Gilmore
4. Mystere - Enrico Rava
5. Where Are You - Sonny Rollins
6. Blue Yes - Chucho Valdes
7. Bahia - Johnny Griffin and Eddie 'Lockjaw' Davis
8. Temple Court - Ahmad Jamal
9. On Wings Of Song - Wayne Shorter
10. Blues-ette - Curtis Fuller"

1 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Blogger J Shifty said...

Boy can you pick them. Diverse in time and instrumentation, and all decidedly cool without falling into the cheese.

One of my long-term projects is a playlist featuring people with the most fantastic names in music history. Chucho Valdes is right at the top of that list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter