The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, June 20, 2005

Song of the Day - June 20, 2005


Lately I have been listening to vast quantities of psychedelic music. I am not sure why? My latest find is The High Dials, a band out of Montreal. The most beautiful thing about The High Dials is their vocal harmonies. They immediately remind me of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, but with a psychedelic edge. It is clear that they have been influenced by the likes of The Byrds, Beatles, and Pink Floyd. One of my favorite tracks is "Fields in Glass." The song starts out with a distorted guitar riff, followed by the aforementioned beautiful vocal harmonies, and distinctly 60's style guitar licks. The song is a transcendental. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter