The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Friday, May 27, 2005

Song of the Day - May 27, 2005


I thought I would go back in time to 1991 for today's song of the day. The Field Mice were a great band that was often labeled twee pop or dream pop. Whatever the label, their music is great. The track "Five Moments" I think shows the Field Mice at their best. The music is instantly appealing and very catchy; yet their is a sophistication to their sound involving layering of guitars, vocals, keyboards, and percussion that shows a deeper level of musical comprehension than a simple pop song. To enjoy the dreamy hazy feeling of the Field Mice, click here to listen.

1 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice sound. I totally missed this band (well, I've missed a lot). I Rhapped them into my library!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter