The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Monday, February 07, 2005

The Dresden Dolls


I can't get enough of this album. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Some of you may remember, that I featured The Dresden Dolls, as one of my songs of the day in January. As with Antony and the Johnsons, they are slightly off the beaten path, but it is a refreshing change of pace. Basically, their only accompaniment is piano and drums. In a way they have taken a cabaret influenced acoustic twist on the White Stripes. The Dresden Dolls only have two members, and relay heavily on the piano. Amanda Palmer's vocals are strong, stunning, and addictive. The Weimar cabaret sound, that they have been compared to, only adds to the appeal. If you haven't had a chance give The Dresden Dolls a listen. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter