The Covalent Bond

This site is dedicated to the sharing of ideas in the field of music, literature, and whatever else strikes my fancy. To play the music, you must have Rhapsody. I am just getting started. There will be more to come. "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Song of the Day - Feb 03, 2005


Despite the title of my song of the day "Asphyxia," I have recovered from my previous day. For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, see the playlist "Anger Management." Alu has a haunting sound, the best way to describe her is as a mixture of Luna and Air, but with beautiful vocals that remind me of Annie Lennox. "Asphyxia" is the standout track on Infomercial Gasmask. The bizarre lyrics combined with the aural soundscape, as painted by Alu, bring to mind a vision of a strange apocalyptic wasteland. Her otherwordly vocals are addictive. I want to inhabit her world, even if its a wasteland. As Alu says, "the infomercial gasmask will save us." Save me. Click here to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter